Thursday, May 14, 2009

Progress...

Well, I've been using "My Daily Plate" and consciously eating better for a week and four days now. I've lost three pounds, although yesterday when I figured this out I almost through a hissy fit. That means I still have 9 lbs to go and even though, I know it doesn't fall off over night, it feels like I gained it over night. I've only been walking moderately and not consistently at all. I think I'll start running come Monday morning.

Last night I was laying in bed watching TV and I almost got sucked in by this...Ab Circle Pro. You can view this lovely contraption by going here http://www.tryabcircle.com/. Granted the infomercial was SUPER cheesy, but I almost believed it!

I am one of those people that don't believe in going out and buying new equipment until I've fully committed to something. For example, my mom told me I probably needed new running shoes. Although, this is true until I've run consistently for a couple weeks buying new running shoes would be a waste of money. I also think that typically people buy workout equipment thinking, "I'll buy this and it will motivate me to workout." Wrong. If you aren't disciplined enough to work out before you probably aren't going to be motivated by having a new piece of equipment. I am however, going to buy Jillian's 30 Day Shred. I can handle 20 minutes a day and I've heard such great things.

Enough rambling...I'm still curious about the Ab Circle Pro. Has anyone bought one or used one? Was it worth it?

5 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

I think 3 pounds is great news! I need to invest in a scale.

Mrs. Buck said...

Congrats on the 3lb loss, that's great! you only have to do that 3 more times to loose the last 9 :-) I've been using the MyPlate tool too and I love it!!

Shanna said...

I also use the My Plate site. It's pretty great. And I wanted to tell you, I just bought the Shred DVD and I've done it the past two days. I want to die! I can't believe how sore I am. It's a serious work-out for sure. Let me know how it goes!

*Kendra* said...

Hey, 3 lbs. is 3 lbs.!!! I want Jillian's thing too.

Tara Gibson said...

whoo hoo 3 lbs! thats great!