Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day...

I know I am behind, but I couldn't NOT post my Mother's Day pictures.

I seriously, have some of the most A-MAZING women in my life. They are Godly, strong and independent and I hope I am half the woman that they are someday.

We started out the weekend by spending a couple of nights with my Grandad in Amarillo. He is retired and lives alone so we try and get up to see him as often as we can. For some reason I didn't get any pictures of the two of us...
Saturday morning Tyke & I had hair appointments. Yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds to some of you...I dropped him off at PetSmart and I headed to the salon. Mom met me as soon as I finished and we went shopping for some final touches for her newly remodeled kitchen.

Here's a picture of Tyke and me that evening.
He was tuckered out. Getting groomed and going to Doggie Day Care are tough!

Sunday morning we grabbed Starbucks and headed for my parents. We met my parents and grandparents at church and I got to visit with Miss Michaela afterwards.

Michaela's dad was my high school coach. She's growing up on me, but we're still super close.
Speaking of church, we're still "technically" teaching Sunday school, but my cousin filled in for us since we had planned to be gone. I couldn't decide what kind of craft for the kids to do for their mothers, but I came up with these flowers and they decorated the pots and then wrote their favorites qualities about their mom's on the cards. And we have more than three kids in our class, I just didn't figure that 15 little plants would make as good of a picture.
Afterwards, we went back to Mom and Dad's to open gifts and relax. I just got Mom some pretty tulips because I am working on finishing her scrapbook from her 50th birthday party. I just have to add the cards and pictures from the party. And we got Grandmom some lovely solar lights for her garden.

Mom and I
Mom and Grandmom

Mom, Dad & Me

My hubs with two very lovely ladies!

3 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love that Tyke goes to doggy day care. That is hilarious!

amy (metz) walker said...

Great dress!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Your cowboy and wildflower and sunset pictures turned out so neat! You have a knack with taking pictures. Y'all have a good week!