Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I realize that once again I am behind as it is now Thursday, but work has been NUTS this week.

This past weekend was fairly low key for us. We just picked up around the house Friday night. Saturday my cousin, Dee, got married.

But, before we left the Fed Ex man delivered a small package. I am now officially "one of those people" I was on Biscuits and Belly Rubs blog (http://biscuitsandbellyrubs.blogspot.com) and they had a post about these adorable Ralph Lauren dog clothes. Granted they were on sale and I reasoned that I spent less on this shirt than I have most of the other coats and things Tyke has. Unfortunately, it was sweltering Saturday and I put the shirt on to take his picture and then took it right back off, but isn't he so cute? (There's a little lime green polo guy on the side of the collar you can't see.)

Mom & Me before going into the church.

Here's a shot of M & me at the wedding. I LOVE this picture, but it's a little blurry.

My adorable grandparents.

After the wedding we headed back to my parents to spend the night. We went to church with them Sunday morning and then just lounged around that afternoon.

Monday we headed to a friend's ranch to help them work cattle. I was riding Marty's Tennessee Walker, Blackjack, and toting my camera so I wasn't expecting to see much of the action other than from behind my lense. Well, they were short handed so I did ALL of the branding. It was fun, but being the blonde I am I applied sunscreen generously, multiple times to my arms, face and neck, but I forgot my back. I have a nice square, lobster-colored sunburn now. I went from pasty to fire engine red in less than 12 hours.

Here's a few shots from that day.

Marty and Jason flankin'.

Marty sortin' calves off the cows.

Rader aka "the gate keeper".

BeAuTiFul day in the Texas Panhandle.

Rader ropin'.

Of course, I got something on my lens and didn't realize so the ones of Marty roping have a fuzzy spot in the middle.

We got finished and Rader's mom and two sisters had fixed the most delectable meal possible. We ate, recooped and then headed to the house to shower and freshen up for a cookout and pool party we had that evening.
It was a fun weekend. I'm glad it's Thursday and the weekend is almost here once again!

post signature

5 comments:

Shanna said...

Tyke is too cute for words!!! And I happen to love the shirt!

Anonymous said...

I like that dress!

Anonymous said...

your dress is cute! p.s. i'm beyond impressed with the new format. high five.

I Love Brownies said...

OMG this makes me miss Texas! Born in Kingsville, high school in San Antonio but my daddy is from Borger!!
I'm homesick. Sigh. I could not love any other Blog name more than yours!!
Keep up the good work. :-)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Loving that dress!!