Thursday, May 7, 2009

Prayer Request...

So a couple posts ago I posted about my amazing grandmother and mother. They are both two HUGE influences in my life and such blessings.

Well, my grandmother, Jeane, had a small bump come up on the edge of her eye lid (where you'd normally line the inside of your eye with eye liner). She went to the doctor and they took a small biopsy and it came back yesterday that she does have cancer. Since it's in/on her eye lid they are going to have to remove part of it and take part of her upper eye lid to replace it and do some reconstructive surgery.

We asked how you could even get cancer in such a random spot and the doctor said not wearing sunglasses or wearing sunglasses that weren't UV protective. Isn't that scary? I mean, I've NEVER heard of anyone having cancer on their eye.
Anyways, here's a picture of I took of her Easter Sunday. She wanted a headshot for some board of directors thing she has coming up. Isn't she gorgeous?
She is a very strong, successful woman and I just ask that you would keep her in your prayers. She's never really had any health problems. She's been active and healthy her entire life and always the type of grandmother that didn't act her age. Her husband was diagnosed with non-aggressive pancreatic cancer in 2007 and so she's worries about him constantly.
I know ultimately, He is in control and we just have to trust that everything will be ok.

5 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

Gorgeous lady! I will be praying for her.

erin f. said...

That is so scary...no one ever wants to hear the word cancer - I will be thinking about her and praying for her.

lindsey said...

I will def say a little prayer for her! :)

Biscuits and Belly Rubs said...

Praying for her!

Kelley said...

I grew up going to church with her! I'm from Pampa (my family still lives there, and my grandfather sings in the choir with her, Dick Stowers) and I see her from time to time when I get the chance to go home and go to church! I came across your blog from somewhere and read more about it because I saw you were from "The Panhandle." I can honestly say there's nothing like a Texas Panhandle sunrise and sunset.

I hope that she has recovered from her surgery and is doing well!

I look forward to reading more about your panhandle adventures!