Monday, March 30, 2009

Snow Day!!!

The weatherman actually got it right for once! It snowed-alot Friday and Saturday. Friday by 7 a.m. we just had a light dusting and then it continued to snow the ENTIRE day.

Here's a picture from my office window mid-day Friday.

My husband got off at noon and went home and prepared for the storm. He even went to the store for me! I came home to a nice crackling fire. Poor guy! He shoveled out entire front walkway and the back deck and by Saturday morning you couldn't even tell!

These are taken Friday after I got home from work.

Marty kept telling me to let Tyke loose because he LOVED the snow, but I was afraid he'd get loose and take off. It was too deep for that, though.

It snowed several inches through the night and the hedges in front of our house were COMPLETELY covered Saturday morning!

The hedges are on the left side of the house...I didn't get a picture of them, but you get the idea.

I had been so excited to go sledding so my cousin Tristan, his wife, Aubrey and their little boy Brendan came and picked us up Saturday.

We started with snow angels in our front yard...

It took us a little while to locate a sled (because it never actually snows enough to be able to use a sled) and then we headed to the football field to do some sledding. We had SO MUCH FUN!

The best part was going down the hill...Climbing back up-not so much.

Notice my ski attire? I've never been so thankful for ski clothes and my waterproof hunting boots. I stayed COMPLETELY dry. Other than after Aubrey and I sledded downhill and the boys decided to bombard us with snowballs on the climb back up. Not cool, boys. Not cool.
Tristan trying to snowboard on the sled.

Marty's redneck sled.

This one worked a little better.

Snow shot.

Those of you who can't stand people who post pictures of their beloved pets...scroll no further.
Contemplating his newfound freedom.

I mentioned Tyke LOVED the snow. Well, Saturday I let him run free and he had a blast!
Making his way to Marty.
I called his name so he'd look at me and...
here he came!
In the neighbor's yard.
I was beat after all that playing so I went home and took a nap and then he headed over the Tristan and Aubrey's for enchilada soup and a movie. The soup was delicious! The company wasn't too bad either. It was an absolutely perfect way to spend a snow day!


Sweet Simplicity said...

The Tyke pictures are cracking me up! I can't believe he liked the snow.

Anonymous said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.