Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Whirlwind of a Weekend

I had a very action packed 4 day weekend last week. I left for Oklahoma City Wednesday afternoon. I got to OKC and met my friend, Whitney, at her apartment. We went to the best little sushi place ever. A Tootsie Roll is my new favorite...so yummy!




Then we went back to her place and I met the second Little Miss Lily in my life. She's adorable. I played with her while Whit attempted to study.



Thursday Becky and I shopped all day and indulged ourself at the spa with pedicures. She took me to the cutest baby boutique. Everything in there was so different. I got my cousin's baby some little sock booties. One set is a pair of tennis shoes and the other a pair of cowboy boots. I called Marty and told him it made me so excited to think about when we decide to start our family. I think he's afraid I've caught the "baby fever". We've been talking about names lately and we have so many friends that are expecting...someday...Then we went to The Melting Pot, a wonderful fondue restaurant, for dinner in Bricktown. You get to pick your sauces and then you cook everything at your table. Oh my goodness...everything was delicious! We had filet mingion
, jerk seasoned beef, vanilla rum chicken, citrus pork, lobster tail and shrimp. And then for dessert we chose a snicker sauce that included: chocolate, carmel, peanut butter, chopped peanuts and bailey's. They brought out a plate almost as large as our dinner plate with all our dessert pieces on it. We had cheesecake, pound cake, brownies, rice krispies, oreo and graham cracker crusted marshmallows, strawberries and bananas. I told Marty we have to go back next time we're in OKC. Unfortunately, all the pictures we took at the restaurant are still on Becky's camera.




Friday morning I drove back to Texas. I met Mom in Pampa and we went on to Amarillo to check on Joe. I drove back to Canadian that night and got up the next morning and met my cousins in Elk City, OK at 11 a.m. One of my cousins is a true freshman at OU. He's actually getting to play quite a bit so I went with his parents to their last home game against Mizzou. It was a really close game. I even sported an OU hoodie. I know, I know...I'm a traitor, but I loved OSU basketball when I was there and now it's even more fun to watch OU because of Cade. His last name is Davis and he's #34. Look for him in the Big 12 Conference. He's such a talented kid, plus he's oober humble. I'm a little bit proud of him if you couldn't tell.


We went and ate Roadhouse after the game with some other cousins and then we drove back. I got to my parents house late Saturday night and we went to church with them Sunday. My cousins' baby shower was Sunday night so I left early that afternoon to drive back to Canadian. Here are Aubrey and I after the shower.

Needless to say, I'm exhausted, but it was well worth it.

0 comments: