Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Arkansas or Bust

While Marty had a "boys weekend" this past weekend, I headed to Springdale, AR for one of my dear friend's bachelorette party and wedding shower. I drove to OKC Friday and picked up Joy and we made the three hour trip from there. I got a later start that I had originally planned and I was SO glad she was with me. We accidentally took a 'scenic route' once we got into Arkansas and ended up on this little winding path that looked like a scene right out of Deliverance. Luckily, she had her trusty Garmin GPS and it got us back on track. We got to Rachel's parents house around 10 p.m. and visited until the wee hours of the morning.

Sat. morning we went with Rachel to take her bridal portraits at the Magnolia Botanical Gardens. She looked absolutely stunning. I would love to post some pictures, but for fear that Nick might accidentally see, I'll wait.
Joy & I enjoying the beautiful weather!
Here's Rach posing in front of their new house.

Her bachelorette party was Hawaiin themed. We showed up at one of her bridesmaid's homes a little after six and stayed until past night. It was so much fun!

Joy & me before we left for the bachelorette party.

Rach, Joy, Britt and me. It's hard to believe it had been so long since we'd all been together.

Me & my new friend, Allison. She was a great little hostess.

This was Sunday after church. We all met at the University Center Church of Christ in college so it was so nice to be able to attend services together.

I had forgotten how beautiful Arkansas is. Everything is SSSOOO green!

This is along the roadside on the way back from Rachel & Nick's.
Rach kept making fun of Joy & me because we were so impressed by the landscape. I know it's just cows in the field, but look how pretty!


Only in Arkansas...now, this beauty was discovered at a convenient store we stopped at on the way home. A vending machine that has live fishing bait in it. Worms, crickets, etc.

2 comments:

erin f. said...

Friday night sounds good for us! Whatever works for you guys, we would just love to get together and catch up. Springdale is really close to us, I'm jealous you got to hang out with old friends, I miss all my college friends so much! Tell Marty hi. See you guys soon!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Looks like such a fun girl trip, and I've never seen a bait vending machine. I bet those bridal portraits turned out so beautifully this time of year.