Well, you ladies have been so kind to present me with a few awards lately. I would like to thank Modern Mom at How to Survive Life in the Suburbs for the Give Good Blog Award. She has an extremely fun and witty blog. You should all check it out if you haven't already.
The rules are: No one really likes rules, do they? She has made them simple. Make a cocktail, pick out some of your favorite bloggers. Send this award to four of them. Tell them why you think they give good blog. There are so many fascinating, witty and fantastic bloggers. Let's invite them all to the party!
Or you can just put it on your mantle and watch it sparkle. I am going to opt for this option since I have two other blog awards to dish out.
This next award comes from Mimi at A Peek At the Pierces. She is a new blog read, but oh so sweet! She awarded me the Honest Scrap Award.
The rules are as follows...1) thank the blogger that gave you award. Thank you, Mimi! Keep on keepin' on towards that 5k. I know you'll do great! And 2) Share 10 things that your blog readers may not know about you. I'm pretty much an open book on here, but I will try and dig deep.
3) I am supposed to present this award to 7 bloggers I find brillant in content and/or design, or those whose blog has encouraged me.
1. I was ready to be done with school, so I finished in College Town in three years. I then moved back to Texas, married the hubs and finished my last 9 hours online.
2. The hubs and I were engaged 8 months after the day we met.
3. I am EXTREMELY emotional *lol* I cry...when the preacher gets up in the pulpit to pray, during songs whether on the radio or during church, at the love I feel for my family, one day of the month for any reason at all, when praying out loud with/for my friends, when something the LEAST bit sentimental comes on the television. I'm going to be a wreck when it comes to my kids, y'all.
4. I own 7 pairs of boots and four of those are cowboy boots. (and I'd really like to have at least one or two more pair.)
5. I want EVERYTHING in the Pottery Barn/Ballard Designs Catalog. If only my bank account was that big!
6. Marty and I already have our kid's names picked out even though we have one year left in "the plan". The boy name we just decided on recently, but we've had a little girl name decided upon for years.
7. I LOVE being involved and being in the middle of everything. If I'm going to be involved in something, I'd rather lead it.
8. Which leads me to the fact that I serve on our local city government and someday would like to be involved in politics. I have strong opinions about a lot of things and would like to see certain things happen in my lifetime. Watch out Washington! *lol*
9. I sell Silpada Sterling Silver Jewelry. They have some beautiful pieces and I don't work my business as hard as I used to, but it still offers some great benefits. Go here to visit my site.
10. Sometimes I entertain the idea of getting my Master's Degree, but I never can decide what degree I'd pursue.
Last, but certainly not least, Miss Jody at Miss Fancy Pants...Proud Army Wife. Hoo-ah! gave me the Kreativ Blogger Award. To accept the award I must 1) Thank the lovely lady that gave me the award. Thank you kindly, Miss Jody! So glad you are a fan of my blog and I'm forever grateful for the service your husband has done for me and our country! 2) Copy the logo and put on your blog.
3) Link the person who nominated you.
4) Name 7 things about yourself no one knows. Sorry, but to kill two birds with one stone, I'm going to say the previous 10 things about me count. Any objections to that? I don't think I have 17 things to share with y'all that you don't already know. I'm not that mysterious!
5) Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers and post links to their blogs
6) Leave a comment on each blog and let them know you nominated them.
I'm giving the following gals The Honest Scrap and The Kreativ Blogger. If you've already received one or both of these, just repost your initial post. They can really be a lot of work!
1. The Wife
7. French Kiss