I feel so honored to have received my first and second blog awards (in the same week)! Especially, since I've been such a crappy blogger lately. I don't know what my deal has been, but work has been so busy. I don't feel like I'm ever caught up anymore. And our social life is out of control. But, the latter I don't mind. I remember when we didn't have a single friend in this slightly cliquish little town.
Now, on to the awards...
I Love Brownies at Brownies for my Breakfast gave me One Lovely Blog Award. Thank you very much, my dear!
Here are the rules...
1.) Accept the award, post it on your blog with the name of the person who has granted the award and his/her link.
2.) Pass the award to five other bloggers that you have newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award. (I'm cheating a little because it's almost 5 o'clock and I don't have time to select 5, but I will come back and finish, I promise!)
I'm passing this award along to:
And Miss Honeydew at Life After I "Dew" gave me the Honest Scrap Award. I appreciate it very much, sweetheart!
So, now I have to tell you 10 honest things about me that you may or may not already know. And then I tag three new bloggy friends.
1. I am an only child. When I was younger, especially growing up in the country by myself I craved brothers and sisters, but now I cherish the closeness that my parents and I share because it's only always been the three of us. They are truly my best friends and I got to them for everything.
2. I am a total hypocrite! I was the girl who had my whole life planned out. I've told y'all before that I'm completely type A. I've always been very driven and planned on graduating from college, possibly attending grad school or work at PR Firm in OKC and worry about that whole "marriage thing" somewhere down the line...like maybe around the age of 3o. Lucky for me life has a way of changing our plans. I graduated early and was married shortly after my 21st birthday. All these things I said I'd "never do" and I've done most of them!
3. I still don't know what I want to be when I want to grow up. I have a good job now, but there are SEVERAL careers I would like to having including photographer, meterologist/broadcast journalist, travel writer, public relations consultant, communications director, boutique owner, restaurant owner and those are just a few.
4. I plan on competing in my first mini-triathalon August 8 in preparation for my first half marathon in November. The mini triathalon is a 450 yard swim, 12.5 mile bike ride and 3.2 mile run. I'm a long way from being in good enough shape for either, but I'll get there.
5. I am a magazine junky. I get Redbook, InStyle, Better Homes & Gardens and Glamour monthly and shopping magazines like Victoria's Secret, Frontgate, Ballard Designs, Acacia, Athleta, West Elm, White House Black Market, Boston Proper, etc. And I make a point to look through ALL of them.
6. I am in a Book Club and have yet to make it all the way through a single book we've "read". I'll blame it on the fact that neither one were real page turners. Pathetic, though, I know.
7. I am an animal lover. I would adopt every stray that showed up at our house if a) we had a place for them all and b) Marty would let me.
8. Tyke is like our child. I know I treat him that way more so than Marty, but while we were in Fredericksburg his stay and grooming bill at the pet resort was almost as much as what it cost me to stay while we were on our girls' trip. CrAzY! He is spoiled rotten, but he's brought me so much companionship. He does not have a ton of clothes, though. He's WAY too hot natured for that.
9. As strange as it is for me to admit...I am not laid back really at all. I like to be on the go, have a plan and follow that plan. Marty has brought this to my attention.
10. I LOVE the way I was raised. I admire my parents so much for their strong work ethic and the things they sacrificed to provide for me. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for cowboys. Especially, my daddy. He manages a large ranch and works full-time, 7 days a week. I respect the fact that Marty would love to follow in his footsteps someday, but ranching is a TOUGH way to make a living.
Now I tag:
Mrs. Southern Belle
Thanks again, girls! Maybe I just needed a couple of awards to "kick me in the butt" so to speak and get me motivated about blogging again.
We are off to Amarillo. We are meeting 10 of our closest friends for dinner and drinks at this little place called Acalpulco's. And then we are headed to see The Josh Abbott Band and Aaron Watson. I love dinner and dancing on a Friday night. Y'all have a great weekend!