Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A trip to Oklahoma...and back.

Marty and I both took off a little early the first Friday in April so we could meet his parents in OKC. We met up down in Bricktown and of course had to stop in Bass Pro Shop and then we grabbed dinner at Earl's BBQ. I love that place! Quick, cheap and oh so yummy!

Here's Marty and his parents down in Bricktown. I love that they're all holding styrofoam cups.

We parted ways after dinner and Marty and his dad headed to Tulsa (they wanted to be there bright and early for the gun show the next morning) and Jerrye and I went to pick up my camper, Caitlin.

Caitlin was in my cabin my first term at CBS. Her group of girls were absolutely A-MAZING and I still keep in touch with several of them...Caitlin just signed to play soccer for OU so after being 7+ hours away for the past 4 years now she'll only be like 3 hours away and I will get to see her on a regular basis. I am SO excited about that!

So we headed back down to Zio's (my favorite Italian place in OKC). Jerrye and I had dessert since we'd already eaten.
By the time we checked into our hotel we were beat! But, we got around the next morning and Becky chaufferred us around OKC. We went to the vintage flea market where I found a coffee table and end table for our front living room. I taught Becky how to haggle. It was a delightful way to spend Saturday.

Here Becky and I are at La Baguette. Can you tell by our hair that it was windy outside?

Saturday evening Jerrye and I headed to Tulsa to meet up with the boys. They spent the majority of the day at the gun show and Jerrye and I stopped in one of the casinos. It was my first trip to a casino. I am a conservative gambler, I guess, because I took $10 and won it all back minus .15 cents. I'd rather blow my money on something tangible. But, at least I can say I've been.

Kennith and Jerrye decided to follow us home and spend an extra day. We took "the shortest route" home which took us by the Gloss Mountains and The Little Sahara. Both of which I had visited previously on a geography field trip in college. It was a NASTY, windy day, but Jerrye wanted to see The Little Sahara so we took a little detour and hiked up a huge sandune so she could get a small glimpse of what the rest of the park looked like.

This was our view:

WINDY shot of M & me.

It was a great weekend with Marty's parents. We just don't get to see them often enough!