Friday, February 26, 2010

What a Week...

The past week has been a blur...Monday evening I worked on straightening up the house because Tuesday night I hosted my book club at our house while Marty went to his boy scout meetings. We had a wonderful time! Our menu included a parmesan artichoke dip (served warm), an antipasto salad for the main dish, Pioneer Woman's Olive Cheese Bread (oh so good), cesar salad, and my first ever, made from scratch cheesecake. The big hit of the night, however, was the See-Through Sangria. Oh so yummy!

Here's the recipe for the Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. (It came from a Duncan Hines Cookbook.)

1 pkg Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Devil's Food Cake Mix
1/2 c vegetable oil
3 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 c granulated sugar
1 c sour cream
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 mini semisweet chocolate chips, divided
1 tsp all-purpose flour

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 10-inch springform pan.
2. Combine cake mix and oil in large bowl. Mix well. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake at 350F for 22 to 25 minutes or until set. Remove from oven. Increase oven temperature to 450F.
3. Place cream cheese in large mixing bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer, adding sugar gradually. Add sour cream and vanilla extract, mixing until blended. Add eggs, mixing only until incorporated. Toss 1/2 c chocolate chips with flour. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour filling onto crust. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 chocolate chips.

I just LOVE my book club! The ladies in it are always so much fun! They do my heart good.

We started the "Insanity" workout tapes this week. OH MY GOODNESS!!! They are SO hard! I've never done a workout video where the people in it are all sweaty and out of breath. They take regular water breaks and everything. Hopefully, it gets my jiggly butt in shape. (Sorry if that's too much information.) I thought I was in decent shape having done all this running for the marathon relay. It's not even the same!

Wednesday evening I helped cook at church and last night I ran to a near by town to get my driver's license renewed. It expired in June of 2009 and I had no clue until someone else pointed it out! And then I had dinner with my wonderful grandparents.

Today we're headed to OKC after work to do a little shopping and go watch my cousin play tomorrow. OU hosts Baylor at Norman so it's liable to be a pretty good game! They're calling for more snow for Sunday-UGH! I am SO ready for Spring! But, I'm supposed to go take a CHL course, so we'll see.

Y'all have a great weekend!

post signature

8 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Sounds like you had a great week!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh the busy, busy lives we lead. I use to do those 'stop the insanity' tapes but I'm into speed walking with weights and yoga. Yoga firmed me from the inside our, it's amazing. I swim,swim,swim in the summer. Right now my pool is covered with ice.

Have a great weekend, Hon and God bless you.

Taylor-Made Wife said...

Thats so awesome that you are doing a book club. I've always wanted to join one. Have a great weekend!!

Confessions Of A Domestic Goddess said...

Sounds like a great week! Hope your weekend follows the same trend.

xoxo!

Living Passionately Means: said...

wow girl that's a very impressive menu you had there on Tuesday Night! Sounds delicious!

LWLH said...

Yumm Yumm!

Anonymous said...

Yum! All your book club dishes sound great! Your book club puts mine to shame haha! We just usually have chips and salsa and some brownies lol!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Just found your blog and it's super cute!